Perfect crackers to accompany soft cheese! I love to spread fresh goat cheese on it, and take a BIG bite. The secret is to bake it twice so that it’s crispy. You need a pound cake mould to make this.
- 140g wheat flour (gluten free flour also OK)
- 1 cup of nuts and seeds of your choice (almonds, pistachio, walnuts, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, etc)
- 1 cup cranberries or raisins
- 50g brown sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 250mL milk or almond milk
- Heat up the oven to 180°C.
- Mix all ingredients above in a bowl and mix the batter
- Butter a pound cake mould and dust with flour
- Pour in the batter in the pound cake mould. Bake for apprx 50 minutes until fully baked.
- Insert a toothpick in the center of the cake, and if it comes out clean- it’s done. Remove the cake from the mould
- Cool the cake completely. Wrap with a plastic wrap and freeze for about 1-2 hours
- Remove the cake from the freezer and slice it thinly, about 0.3-0-4mm thick. Spread them out on a baking tray with baking paper underneath.
- Turn on the oven to 180°C. When the oven is hot, bake for 7 minutes.
- Take them out and flip all the crackers over and bake the other side for 7 minutes.
- Cool completely on a mesh rack. Store in an airtight box. (If it gets slightly soggy in the following days, rebake for 3-4 minutes and they will crisp up)