Sweet dreamy coconut bites with a hint of lime! Elegant fluffy cookies that are usually part of the Xmas cookie bag. This recipes has a twist with lime juice.
Ingredients for 45 pieces (1 baking tray)
- Eggwhite 60g (about 2 eggs)
- Salt 2 pinches
- Sugar 100g
- Coconut flakes 120g
- Lime juice 2 Tablespoon
- Piping bag
- Parchment paper
- Baking tray
Oven temperature: 160°C Fan (Umluft)
Baking time: ca. 15min
- Turn the oven on to 160°C Fan.
- Beat the egg white with salt and add in sugar in three batches. Beat until shiny.
- Add in the coconut flakes and the lime juice and mix well (but don’t over mix, because you will
- loose the air in the meringue mass)
- Using a spatula, put the mass into a piping bag.
- Place a parchment paper on the baking tray. Pipe the mass onto the tray. Each piece should be the size of a chestnut. Press the pointy top of the mass down so it doesn’t burn during baking.
- Bake for about 15min until the edges are golden brown, and cool.