Light and Fluffy Chocolate Souffle
This souffle is light and fluffy, easy to make. It is even gluten-free, so it has a lot of chocolate flavor.
Ingredients for two portions
- White of 2 eggs (keep the yolk for something else, like Mailänderli Butter Cookies)
- 50g dark chocolate (choose cacao mass percentage between 50-60%)
- 1 Tablespoon sugar, and some extra to sprinkle
- Pinch of salt
- Ramekins, about 9-10 cm diameter
- Knob of butter
- Powder sugar
- Heat up the oven to 180°C (350F)
- Prepare the ramekin: Butter the inside of the ramekin and sprinkle sugar around the inner wall.
- Melt 50g of chocolate over a double boiler while stirring with a spatula. Remove from heat and set aside to cool
- Beat the 2 egg whites with 1 tablespoon of sugar and a pinch of salt. Beat until soft peaks form. Using an electric handmixer makes it easy.
- Blend the melted chocolate and the beated eggwhites gently using a spatula.
- Pour in the batter into the prepared ramekin.
- Bake for 12-13minutes.