Being used to enjoying crunchy egg-salads in Korea, the mushy Swiss ones are never quite good. This is a simple but delicious egg salad that can be served as a side dish to rice, but also as sandwich filling. The crunchy pickled cucumber and onion makes it fresh and exciting!
Ingredients for 500mL full tupperware:
- 5 hard-boiled eggs
- cucumber, about 5cm
- half of a medium size onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 full Tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mild mustard (I like to use Tommy Senf)
1. Slice the cucumber and onion thinly. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt and massage into the cucumber and onion. Let it sit for 10-15min to drain water. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, crush the boiled eggs using a fork or with your hands (with plastic glove).
3. Squeeze the water out of the cucumber and onion and add to the bowl.
4. To this, add 4 Tablespoons of mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon mild mustard and mix well.
Serve as a side dish to rice or as a sandwich filling or canape topping.