Luxurious treats that everyone loves! When I first moved to Switzerland, an elderly neighbor lady had made these for Xmas for me as a welcome gift, and since then I’m hooked on these!
Ingredients for 1 tray (ca. 30 pieces)
- 150g dark chocolate
- 150g slivered almonds (or cornflakes)
- Candy thermometer/laser thermometer
- Heat up oven to 160°C. Put a parchment paper on the baking tray and spread the slivered almonds. Roast for 10min and cool. Set aside.
- Temper the chocolate. How? On a double boiler, melt 100g chocolate while stirring the chocolate consistently. Remove from heat as soon as chocolate is melted. (temperature should not go above 40°C) Add in 50g of the remaining chocolate (this is called the “seeding chocolate”) and into the warm melted chocolate and stir with a spatula until they melt and become homogenous. Tempering is done. In case you are making a bigger batch, make sure that your seeding chocolate is always a 1/3 of your total chocolate amount.
- Add in all the almonds into the melted chocolate and mix well.
- On a parchment paper, scoop out each portion using a teaspoon.
- Let cool until chocolate crystallizes.
Option: Instead of almonds, you can also use cornflakes!