This is a cucumber salad that you could make without using a knife. Can you believe it? Also a great way to release your daily stress 🙂 but my favorite part is that it only takes 2 minutes to make these yummy salad! Perfect side dish for dumplings, fried rice, and anything else. I like to sprinkle coriander on mine. What about you? You gotta try this recipe!
serves 2-3 people as side dish
•0.5 teaspoon salt
•1.5 Tablespoon soy sauce
•1 Tablespoon vinegar (Tafelessig, Apfelessig, Reisessig)
•1 teaspoon chilli oil of your choice
•1 clove of pressed garlic (or 1 teaspoon pressed garlic)
•Some coriander leaves, chopped (optional)
•Red chilli, sliced (optional)
- Wash cucumber and dab dry with a towel.
- Wrap cucumber with a plastic wrap completely.
- Smash it with a heavy rolling pin or meat tenderizer until you see cracks all over the cucumber.
- Open the plastic wrap, remove the seeds, and cut/tear the cucumber into bite-size.
- Add in salt and toss the cucumbers.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and toss well.
- Serve chilled.