Lots of rice and vegetable left over in your refrigerator? Then let’s make fried rice!
Want something quick but yummy? Then let’s make fried rice!
This recipe does not use soy sauce nor oyster sauce. Just salt for seasoning, so that you can taste the ingredients.
This recipe has no measurement. Fried rice is usually made to clean up your refrigerator using what you have on hand. Use any vegetables you have in your refrigerator, but don’t skip the green onion!
Serves 4 people
- 6 cups of cooked rice, cooled (Rice from 1-2 days before is best!)
- 3-4 Eggs, crack and stir with chopsticks
- Handful of ham or Chinese sausage (optional) chopped into small size. Vegetarians can omit this.
- 1-2 handful of carrots, chopped small (as much as you want)
- 1-2 handful of frozen peas, thawed (don’t get the ones in the can – they are terrible. Get the frozen ones.)
- Handful of thinly chopped green onion
- Salt, pepper
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- Heat up a wok or a large frying pan, drizzle 3-4 Tablespoon of oil, and crank the heat up high.
- Once the pan is hot, bring the heat down to medium-high. Add in the eggs and stir until they are softly cooked.
- Remove the eggs from the pan and set aside.
- Add in the ham or Chinese sausage. Fry them until aromatic. Remove and set aside.
- Add in the carrots and fry until the are almost cooked.
- Add in the cold rice and fry while mixing with the carrots.
- Add in the frozen peas and mix while frying.
- Add in the chopped green onion and fry until it turns aromatic.
- Now add the eggs and the ham/sausage back into the frying pan and stir-fry altogether.
- Add salt/pepper as you taste. (Add little by little as you taste) Mix well so that the salt is well distributed. Finalize adding salt/pepper to your liking.
- Drizzle 1 Tbsp sesame oil and mix
- Now the fried rice is ready. Serve with some homemade chili oil! Yummy! Check out my recipe for chili oil: https://sherlyskitchen.com/sichuan-chilli-oil/