If you’re looking for a moist, creamy, tart and sweet cheesecake that everyone will like, look no more. This recipe is inspired by the famous cheese cake from the pintxo bar “La Viña” in San Sebastian, the beautiful gourmet city of Basque-Spain. This cheesecake is more delicious when it’s chilled overnight and served cold next day. Serve it with a drizzle of Port or Sherry on the cake.
Yield: Serves 12 people (28-30cm round cake tin)
Total time incl. baking: ca. 60min
- 600g cream cheese
- 400g quark (can replace with cream cheese)
- 350g sugar
- 500mL Whole cream (35% fat)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 3 heaping table spoons of flour
- Heat up the oven 180°C, with fan (Umluft, convection function).
- Line the cake tin with parchment paper. Make sure the paper comes up at least 3cm above the tin, as the cake will puff up in the oven when you bake.
- Mix cream, quark and sugar well until well integrated.
- Add in eggs, vanilla extract. Mix well until light and fluffy.
- Add in flour and mix well, then pour the mass into the cake tin.
- Bake for 40-45min. Although the cake is jiggling in the middle, don’t worry. The cake will set when it cools.
- Enjoy it next day when the cake is completely cooled and set. I like to chill it overnight in the fridge and enjoy it cold.