Teriyaki Sauce is a sweet and savoury soy-sauce based sauce the is great for marinating or dipping meat, fish, tofu, veggies, whatever you fancy. It is even good for marinating boiled eggs in overnight to top up your ramen noodles. Once you make it, it lasts forever in your refrigerator, easily over a year. I always keep a jar of it in my refrigerator.
Ingredients for 300mL Teriyaki Sauce
- 100mL Soy Sauce (use Japanese or Korean soy sauce)
- 200mL Water
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- a small piece of ginger, peeled (size of your thumb)
- Optional: 2 Tablespoon Mirin (sweet sake for cooking)
- Boil all ingredients in a pot while boiling until it simmers (to melt the sugar). Turn off heat and let it cool with the ginger in.
- Remove the ginger and transfer into a bottle. Keep refrigerated and use when needed.